Your story related to your negative emotions may be fantasy or reality. If possible, be aware of your story, don’t make any assumptions, don’t blindly believe it to be true, and check the facts. If necessary, communicate with others.
• You failed.
• You are disappointed.
• The story related to your disappointment is activated.
• The story tells you “You are not good enough. You will never amount to anything. You will always be a failure.”
Reframe → No! I am good enough. I am worthy. I did my best. I learn from failure. I am getting better and better. I will succeed.
• You ask your lover to do something for you.
• Your lover says “no”.
• You are upset.
• The story related to your upset is activated.
• This story tells you “She doesn’t love you. If she loves you, she will say yes.”
Reframe → No! She loves me. Her “no” is her boundaries. I love her and I respect her boundaries.
• Someone disagrees with you.
• You feel angry.
• The story related to your anger is activated.
• The story tells you “They attacked me! They are mean!”
Reframe → No! They didn’t attack me. Disagreement does not mean attack. They are entitled to their own opinions. I am entitled to my own opinions. We can agree to disagree.
• You supported someone.
• They don’t support you.
• You feel sad.
• The story related to your sadness is activated.
• The story tells you “They don’t deserve my support! I supported them. They don’t support me.”
Reframe → No! Their world does not revolve around me. They may be very busy, not realizing that I need support, or supporting me in their own way. I need to clearly communicate my needs with them.
Reminder: Consciously reframing your story related to your negative emotions is one of the keys to conscious living.